Level 1 - Readiness (No Alphabet Letters)
Very young students and any students who have not been exposed to the alphabet should start at this level.
- Read the Sound Story aloud to the student. Point out each sound picture and have the student repeat the sound.
- Use the sound picture flashcards to review all of the picture that have been introduced. Have the student give the sound for each picture.
- Play the "Robot Game" to help the student learn to put sounds together mentally to form a word.
- Use the rhyming flashcards to help the student learn to recognize and match rhyming words.
- Use the Handwriting Readiness pages to help the student develop the pencil skills necessary to learn to write letters. Encourage the student to draw and color daily.
- Read aloud to the student every day. Talk to the student about the materials that you read. See the link below for other suggestions to use at the readiness level.
Click on the lines below to go to the desired materials.